DUI Zone Forums Interlock Device How to hide doing the breath test

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a device and wondering if you have tips/tricks to not making it so obvious and maybe so loud when you have to do a test

• DUI Zone
        Keymaster

Over my 3 convictions and about 8.5 years of driving with one in my vehicle, I can tell you it is not easy. The device I have, you have to hum when you blow and it makes a really loud beeping noise. Tinted windows help hide what you’re doing a little, but I usually will see if anyone is beside me in their vehicle and if so, I will put that arm on the steering wheel on their side and blow into the device letting my arm hide the device. I also know when my device is about to ask for a re-test so if I pull up to a red light, I try to stop where no one is beside me to see. The noise it makes is impossible to conceal, but if I’m at a drive through and know it’s about to go off, I will put it under my leg and it does a good job of muting the loud beep it throws at me. I’ve heard of people putting them in cups they can rip/cut so it looks like you are drinking a drink, but I’ve never tried that. The worst is having others in the car with you. I typically try to avoid company in my car unless they know about the device. It’s very embarrassing, which is why I think it’s one of the worst things about the whole DUI/DWI process.

For my device, I blow to start, then between 8-13 minutes later I have to re-test, and then it’s about 30 minutes after that before I re-test again and it continues on the 30 minute cycle for re-tests. I suggest timing when you have to re-test so you get an idea when the next one is coming so you can prepare.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.